Room Service Amenities
We've Gone Green
Zumanity by Cirque Du Soleil
Two Shows for $99
Bars & Nightlife
Reventon Latin Nights
Blue Man Group at Monte Carlo
Nine Fine Irishmen
Chin Chin Café & Sushi Bar
Gonzalez Y Gonzalez
48th and Crepe
Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs
New York Pizzeria
Broadway Burger Bar
MGM Grand Buffet
Spa & Salon
HERSHEY'S CHOCOLATE WORLD Las Vegas
The Big Apple Coaster & Arcade
3 for 57
CSI: THE EXPERIENCE at MGM Grand
The Party Pit
Race and Sports Book
Marker Limit Application
Meet Our Hosts
Event Planning & Services
Green Advantage Meetings
Awards & Accolades
Reservations can be made by calling 866.815.4365 or
available on our site.
Media Photo Library
Back to Press Releases
NEW YORK-NEW YORK FACT SHEET
New York-New York
3790 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, Nevada 89109
(702) 740-6969 – Phone
(702) 650-7565 – Media Information
(866) 815-4365 – Toll-Free Room Reservations
(702) 740-6700 – Hotel Fax
Website Address – http://newyorknewyork.com/
Facebook – New York-New York Las Vegas
iPhone app – New York-New York Las Vegas
• Grand opening: January 3, 1997
• A wholly owned subsidiary of MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM)
• Cost: $485 million
• 2,024 rooms, including 104 suites
• 4 Keys (2010) – Green Key Eco-Rating Program – the foremost “green” ranking, certification and audit program in North America evaluating sustainable hotel operations (scale of 1 to 5 Keys, 5 Keys is highest designation)
• 12 individual resort towers (top height of 529 feet) architecturally recreate some of the most famous New York City skyscrapers including:
The Empire State Building: 45 stories
The Century Building: 41 stories
The Seagram’s Building: 30 stories
The 55 Water Tower: 36 stories
The Lever House Soap Company: 29 stories
The Municipal Building: 29 stories, plus an 80-foot tower
The AT&T Building: 26 stories
The Chrysler Building: 40 stories
The CBS Building: 29 stories
The New Yorker Hotel: 34 stories
The Liberty Plaza: 31 stories
The Ziggurat Building: 38 stories
** Tower structures are approximately one-third the actual size of New York City architecture
• 150-foot replica of the Statue of Liberty
• 300-foot-long, 50-foot-high replica of the Brooklyn Bridge
• The exterior lower floor replicates distinctive New York City landmarks and attractions including:
Soldiers & Sailors Monument
Grand Central Station Terminal
Ellis Island Immigrant Receiving Station
United Nations Building Assembly Hall
Former U.S. Customs House
IRT Power Station
The Haughwout Retail Store
• A recently remodeled 84,000-square-foot gaming area features:
Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Mini-Baccarat, Pai Gow Poker, Let It Ride, Megabucks, more than 2,000 slot, video poker and video keno machines and a Race & Sports Book
• More than 21,000 square feet of meeting and convention space accommodates intimate gatherings of up to 300; Unique venues, such as the Brooklyn Bridge, also are available; For more information, contact Convention Sales, (800) 852-6061
• M life is MGM Resorts International’s unifying new loyalty program
• Provides members with exclusive access, benefits, rewards, and once-in-a-lifetime experiences at the incomparable collection of world-renowned resort destinations
• The 15 participating MGM Resorts’ properties are New York-New York, ARIA, Bellagio, Vdara, MGM Grand, The Signature at MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, THEhotel at Mandalay Bay, The Mirage, Monte Carlo, Luxor and Excalibur in Las Vegas; Beau Rivage and Gold Strike in Mississippi and MGM Grand Detroit
• For more information, visit mlife.com
Zumanity™, the Sensual Side of Cirque du Soleil®
Publicity contact: Stephanie Capellas
Phone: (702) 740-3205; email: email@example.com
• The sensual side of Cirque du Soleil, Zumanity is an edgy and provocative discovery of sensuality and eroticism
• Performances: Friday – Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. and 10 p.m.; Dark Wednesday & Thursday
• Tickets start at $69 plus tax and service fees; Duo Sofas available at $129 per person, sold exclusively in pairs
• Guests must be 18 years or older to attend
• Dinner and show packages are available for Zumanity™, starting at $95 at the following restaurants: Gallagher’s Steakhouse, Nine Fine Irishmen, Gonzalez Y Gonzalez and America
• Room and show packages also are available
• For more information or reservations, call (866) 606-7111, (702) 740-6815 or go online at www.zumanity.com or http://newyorknewyork.com/
The Roller Coaster
• Cars designed to replicate “classic cabs”
• Features first-ever “heartline” twist and dive maneuver
• Highest point: 203 feet; Highest drop: 144 feet
• Passenger capacity: more than 1,000 passengers per hour
• Maximum speed: 67 m.p.h.
• Tickets $14; Same day re-rides $7; All-day Scream Pass $25, includes $2 discount on 5 x 7 souvenir photo; Family Fun Flight For Four Package $60, includes four individual rides and two 5 x 7 souvenir pictures
• Must be 54” without shoes to ride
• Hours: Daily; Sunday – Thursday, 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 10:30 a.m. – midnight, weather permitting
Nightclubs, Lounges and Entertainment (Ages 21 and older)
• Nine Fine Irishmen – An authentic Irish pub featuring Irish food, drinks and unique Irish song and dance; Bar service, 11 a.m. – 3 a.m.; Happy Hour, Sunday – Thursday, 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.
• Coyote Ugly – A bar inspired by the film of the same name; The Southern-style saloon features sassy bartenders who elevate pouring drinks to an art form; Bar & Dance Saloon, Sunday – Thursday, 6 p.m. – 2 a.m.; Friday & Saturday,
6 p.m. – 3 a.m.; Daiquiri Bar, daily, 10 a.m. – 3 a.m.
• The Bar at Times Square – Famous dueling pianos at night and televised sporting events during the day, enhanced by a state-of-the-art sound system; Bar, daily,
24 hours; Dueling Pianos, daily, 8 p.m. – 2 a.m.; Reservations recommended for piano shows, seat charge applies, call (702) 740-6466
• Center Bar – In the middle of all the action, the Center Bar provides an ideal place to hang out with friends; Daily, 24 hours
• Pour 24 – A sleek contemporary bar featuring 24 American-made draught beers served from a state-of-the-art tap system, 24 bottled beers and a variety of other spirits; Daily, 24 hours
• Dulce Latin Night at Gonzalez Y Gonzalez – Dance to the latest Latin sounds; Fridays & Saturdays, 11 p.m. – late
• Lobby Bar – Adjacent to the hotel registration desk, this intimate bar offers guests the opportunity to relax before or after check-in; Daily, 24 hours
• Big Chill – Ice-cold frozen cocktails chilled to perfection; Daily, 11 a.m. – 2 a.m.
• The Sporting House Bar & Grill – Gear up for the day’s biggest sporting events with bar food favorites, an ice cold beer on tap and exciting interactive games; Daily, 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.
• Nine Fine Irishmen – An authentic Irish pub featuring Irish food, drinks and unique Irish song and dance; Monday – Friday, 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.; Saturday & Sunday, 8:30 a.m. – 11 p.m.
• Gallagher’s Steakhouse – Steak and seafood; Sunday – Thursday, 4 p.m. – 11 p.m.; Friday & Saturday, 4 p.m. – midnight; Lunch available at the bar; Daily, noon – 4 p.m.
• Chin Chin Café – Chinese and sushi; Breakfast, lunch and dinner; Monday – Friday,
7:30 a.m. – 11 p.m.; Saturday & Sunday, 8 a.m. – 11 p.m.; Bar service; Friday & Saturday 11 a.m. – 2 a.m.
• America – American; Daily, 24 hours
• Gonzalez y Gonzalez – Mexican; Lunch and Dinner; Daily, 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.; Bar, daily, 11 a.m. – 1 a.m.
• Il Fornaio – Italian; Daily, Breakfast, 7:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m., Lunch and dinner,
11:30 a.m. – midnight
• Il Fornaio Panetteria – Bakery, sandwiches, soups, salads; Daily, 6 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
• Nathan’s Famous – Serving some of the best quality hot dogs in the world; Daily, Monday – Thursday, 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.; Friday – Sunday, 10 a.m. – midnight
• Village Eateries – An untraditional food court inside a Greenwich Village-style neighborhood with shop fronts and sidewalk dining including Greenwich Village Coffee Co., Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream, Greenberg’s Deli, Sirrico’s Pizza, Jody Maroni’s Sausage House, Times Square to Go and Fulton Fish Frye; Daily,
7 a.m. – 3 a.m.
• New York Pizzeria (NYP) – Authentic New York style slices and full pies, calzones, stromboli, garlic knots, and salads; Sunday - Thursday, 10 a.m. – 1 a.m.; Friday & Saturday, 10 a.m. – 4 a.m.
• Häagen Dazs Ice Cream – Classic frozen treats; Daily, Sunday – Thursday,
10 a.m. – 11 p.m.; Friday & Saturday, 10 a.m. – midnight
• Starbucks – Gourmet coffee and pastries; Two convenient locations, Mezzanine & Casino level; Daily, 24 hours
• Grand Central Coffee Company – Coffee and snacks; Sunday – Thursday,
7 a.m. – 10 p.m.; Friday & Saturday, 7 a.m. – 11 p.m.
• New York Pretzel – Daily, 9 a.m. – 1 a.m.
• Schrafft’s Ice Cream – Daily, 24 hours
• Stadium Snacks – Hot dogs, pretzels, nachos, Krispy Kreme Doughnuts;
Daily, 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.
The Spa at New York–New York and Regis Signature Salon
• The Spa at New York-New York offers the ultimate urban retreat in a nature-inspired environment
• Signature treatments include the Environmental Escape, where vitamins are used to create a super-charged cocktail for the skin; and the Traffic Stopper, a facial designed to combat the harsh effects of stress with vitamins and oxygen
• Private manicure/pedicure room
• Fitness center complete with free weights, circuit weights and cardiovascular equipment
• Spa and fitness center; Daily, 6:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.; Treatments available 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
• Salon services are available in the adjacent Regis Signature Salon: Daily,
9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
• IT’SUGAR – Whimsical collection of premium candies, chocolates and gifts, featuring jelly bean sculpture of the Statue of Liberty; Sunday – Thursday, 10 a.m. – midnight; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. – 1 a.m.
• SoHo Village – Eclectic store with brands such as Baby Phat, DKNY and Brighton; Daily, 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
• SoHo Shoe Boutique – Name brand shoes at a discounted price; Daily,
10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
• $10 Boutique – Extensive collection of men’s and women’s fashion accessories, jewelry, silk ties, belts, cuff links, manicure sets, scarves, hats, handbags, gifts, sunglasses and watches, all for $10; Daily, 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
• Zumanity™ Boutique – Cirque du Soleil apparel, videos and gift items; Friday – Tuesday, 5:30 p.m. – 1 a.m.
• Essentials – Swim and leisure apparel, magazines and sundries; Daily, 24 hours
• Harley Davidson – Harley Davidson Motorcycles merchandise; Daily,
9 a.m. – 11 p.m.
• I Love NY-NY – Logo merchandise and souvenirs; Daily, 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.
• Houdini’s Magic Shop – Magic tricks and priceless collectibles from Houdini himself; Free magic shows; Daily, 10 a.m. – midnight
• Cashman’s Photo Magic – Cameras, photography supplies and fantasy photos; Sunday – Thursday, 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 p.m.; Friday & Saturday,
9:30 a.m. – 12:30 a.m.
Coney Island Emporium
• 12,000-square-foot entertainment center located on second level
• Features midway-style and interactive games along with more than 150 coin-operated games
• Sunday – Thursday, 8 a.m. – midnight; Friday & Saturday, 8 a.m. – 2 a.m.
MGM Resorts International Events
• Assists guests in planning special functions that require an imaginative touch
• All services, including computer and technical support, scenic design, prop fabrication, graphic arts, floral fashions, carpentry and metal sculpture, are created internally to fulfill the individual client’s needs
• Events can be arranged at any of the MGM Resorts International properties in Las
• One of the nation’s most exclusive and top-rated golf courses
• For guests of MGM Resorts International properties in Las Vegas (New York-New York, ARIA, Bellagio, Vdara Hotel & Spa, MGM Grand, The Signature at MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, THEhotel at Mandalay Bay, The Mirage, Monte Carlo, Luxor, Excalibur and Circus Circus) as well as for guests of Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
• $500 greens fee includes limousine transportation to and from the golf course, a caddy and golf cart
• Home of the annual Michael Jordan Celebrity Invitational, one of celebrity golf’s most popular events, attracting such names as Drew Brees, Roger Clemens, Jamie Foxx, Wayne Gretzky, Toby Keith and many more
• MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) is one of the world's leading global hospitality companies, operating a peerless portfolio of destination resort brands, including Bellagio, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay and The Mirage. The Company has significant holdings in gaming, hospitality and entertainment, owns and operates 15 properties located in Nevada, Mississippi and Michigan, and has 50% investments in four other properties in Nevada, Illinois and Macau. One of those investments is CityCenter, an unprecedented urban resort destination on the Las Vegas Strip featuring its centerpiece ARIA Resort & Casino. Leveraging MGM Resorts’ unmatched amenities, the M life loyalty program delivers one-of-a-kind experiences, insider privileges and personalized rewards for guests at the Company’s renowned properties nationwide. Through its hospitality management subsidiary, the Company holds a growing number of development and management agreements for casino and non-casino resort projects around the world. MGM Resorts International supports responsible gaming and has implemented the American Gaming Association's Code of Conduct for Responsible Gaming at its gaming properties. The Company has been honored with numerous awards and recognitions for its industry-leading Diversity Initiative, its community philanthropy programs and the Company's commitment to sustainable development and operations. For more information about MGM Resorts International, visit the Company's Web site at www.mgmresorts.com.
# # #
MGM Resorts International Public Relations
Copyright © 2015
MGM Resorts International
. All rights reserved.
9/11 Tribute to Heroes